There is a lack of female mentorship in underprivileged neighborhoods and low-income families. This organization exists to provide young women that fall into these categories with the necessary tools and resources needed to excel in life.
The Proverbs 31 Women’s Organization is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides free mentorship and professional etiquette training classes to underserved middle school and high school female students.
The P31 mentorship program is offered to eligible female students (ages 13-18 years old). The P31 Mentorship program is geared to positively impact the lives of young women by providing them with positive female mentors to help them towards their personal, academic and professional goals. Through this program, students will learn to develop positive mentor relationships and build positive communities by bridging the gap between generations.
Students must be enrolled through P31 Academy in order to become eligible to receive a mentor from the organization. Students of the program have the opportunity to select their mentor from the organization through our unique mentor selection process. All mentors are screened via the Texas Department of Public Safety, interviewed by organization personnel and trained professionally to provide the best mentorship to our students.
The P31 Mentorship program begins in August/Sep of each school year and runs until May/June of each year.
Program goals consist of:
- Student to work with mentor on at least (1) S.M.A.R.T. goal for the year
- Student, mentor and parent to have a formal introduction through the organization induction process
- Student and mentor to participate in at least (1) community service activity/project together
- Quarterly progress reports to be reported to the organization through submitted surveys from both the student and the mentor
Students enrolled in the P31 Academy participate in a comprehensive 4 Hr training program that teaches them professional etiquette, public speaking, interviewing skills and professional developmental skills used for college readiness and workforce development. Classes are taught in partnership with technology companies such as Microsoft and The Microsoft Store, to include STEM related programming and exposure to professional skills and business acumen.
Through P31 Academy, The Proverbs 31 Women’s Organization will ensure that each student is able to understand her leadership capacity, identify her professional strengths, create measurable goals, continue to further her education, and understand how she can engage and serve the community.
- Student must be female
- Student must be between the ages of 13-18 years old
- Student must reside in underserved and underpriveleged community
- Student must reside in organization servicing areas